Motability gives you the ability to lease a new car from Listers in exchange for your government-funded mobility allowance. The scheme is open to anyone who receives one of the following benefits and has at least 12 months’ award length remaining at the point of application:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA)
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
It doesn’t matter how old you are. As long as you receive one of the allowances, you are eligible for the scheme. Parents and guardians can also order cars on behalf of a child aged three or above who is receiving HRMC DLA.
Around two-thirds of Motablity customers drive, but if you’re unable to drive, you can nominate up to two drivers free of charge and, optionally, a third at an additional cost. The drivers can be friends or family, but they should usually live within 5 miles of your address—and you’ll need to make sure that they agree to the rules, terms and conditions for named drivers using a Motability car.
To find great deals on new cars, see our current Motability offers.
Need help checking your eligibility?
If you’re still unsure as to whether you’re eligible, you can contact one of the following agencies:
- For DLA or PIP queries, visit the Department for Work and Pensions website, or telephone 08457 123456.
- For WPMS or AFIP queries, contact the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency on 0800 169 2277 or visit the Veterans UK website.
Please remember that neither Motability nor Listers Group decide who receives the allowance. If you lose your allowance during the course of your lease, Motability will help to make arrangements for the return of the car.
For further details on eligibility requirements, please visit the Understanding the Scheme page of the Motability website.