Providing an excellent customer service is important to the Listers Group and in the vast majority of
cases this is exactly what you will receive. However, just occasionally, something goes wrong and a
customer, unfortunately, has cause to complain. If this happens, we will do everything we can to
speedily resolve the problem.
This can usually be best achieved by contacting the General Manager at the dealership you originally
dealt with. That person will expect to hear from you if you are unhappy and will aim to resolve your
complaint on the same day.
We will endeavour to resolve your complaint within 3 working days; if we are unable to achieve this to
your satisfaction we will then follow our internal complaints procedure. In both instances, if you are not entirely satisfied with the decision, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)
We may need to carry out further internal investigations; if these are required we will send you a notice of investigation, this letter will include:
- The name and job title of the individual handling your complaint
- Our Firm Reference Number 311543
- A timescale for when we will correspond further, which will be no more than 8 weeks from the
receipt of your complaint; and
- A copy our complaint handling procedure.
In the unlikely event that our investigations require longer than 8 weeks, we will:
- Write to you to explain why we are not yet in a position to respond to your complaint
- Indicate when we will make further contact
- Notify you that you may refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service
- Provide you with the website address of the Financial Ombudsman Service; and
- Enclose a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service explanatory leaflet
Once our investigations are complete we will write to you with our response, this will be either a final
response or an offer letter, depending upon the circumstances of your complaint.
A Final Response is where we:
- Believe we have fully addressed your complaint
- Notified you that you may refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you
remain dissatisfied with our final response and that you must do so within 6 months (from the
date of the final response);
- Provided you with the website address of the Financial Ombudsman Service; and
- Enclosed a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service explanatory leaflet
An Offer Letter is where:
- We consider that you are entitled to some redress and believe that we have fully addressed
your complaint. This will include a page for you to state your acceptance and return to us. We
will then forward the agreed redress in a final response letter.
We will consider a complaint closed when:
- We have sent you a final response; or
- You have indicated in writing that you accept our offer or response
For your information
The Financial Services Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall